Anne

This week has been a sad week for me. My sister-in-law passed away suddenly last Friday morning. She was 48 years old. It was a very big shock to our family. 


Anne


When I was 15 or so my brother came home from work and said he was being let go. I have three brothers, two older and one younger. I don't have the eldest in my life at the moment but I am very close to the other two. Derek is the youngest, me next, then Tony. (who's name is actually Peter, yea IDK either!). So Tony left Ireland and moved to Greenwich. He got a job in a pub called "Hardys", owned by a couple from Sligo called Peter and Angela. Sometimes Angela's sister worked there too. Her name was Anne.We would go there on holidays every few months to visit. Anne was always the lovely bubbly blonde girl who had a sunshine smile for everyone. Anne and Tony became good friends. Anne met and married Vince and later on she had a little boy and called him Ryan.Peter and Angela were very very good to my brother, including him in family occasions. As their own family grew, they made Tony feel more and more a part of that family unit. Tony and Anne were best friends, nothing more. After some time, Vince and Anne separated.
                                           It was around this time that Anne started to notice things. She was feeling unwell etc and decided to get checked out. After lots of tests they discovered that Anne had multiple sclerosis. Anne and Tony became closer around this time, but were still just friends. Anne decided to move back to Sligo and bring up Ryan in the Irish country side. Tony stayed in Greenwich.In fairness, there was always something between Tony and Anne. They never acted on it, but maybe the distance between them made them realise how much they loved each other.Just over four years ago they got together for real and the rest is history. 
                                            Anne's illness was unpredictable at best but she didn't let it stop her. We had a lot in common. Our love for perfumes, handbags, make up etc but most of all our love for music and dancing. When I broke down at my brother's wedding because my mam wasn't there, it was Anne who took me away and calmed me down. She was a ray of sunshine and could talk and talk and talk... She made my brother very very happy. And he in turn made her happy.All of my family loved her very much, and she loved us. She will be sadly missed. I read a passage at her funeral. Everyone was in black and very somber. It suddenly struck me that Anne loved her "bling" and that she never wore much black. I made the controversial decision to wear a bright red coat(as bright as my hair) on the altar. It was Anne's own coat. The minute I put it on it felt right;and gave me the strength to get through the whole thing. I felt she was close to me and I represented her memory well. Some people didn't like it, but I don't care.I was allowed to keep the coat, I shall wear it with immense pride and remember Anne well when I'm wearing it.
                                    So sleep well Anne. Know that you loved and were loved. In time we will find comfort in the memories we have of you. For now we will comfort each other be there for each other and get through the days somehow. Thank you for being a part of our lives. Thank you for bringing some sunshine along with your big mop of blonde hair. The hundreds of people who came to mourn you showed how loved you were. You're not in pain anymore, and I know for sure that your legs will be working perfectly well now. xxx




SharonAnn
                                          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assumptions

Hide In The Toilet!

One Day at A Time