Football and Rugby Things That Get On My Nerves

I am usually an easy going kind of person, and there's not a whole lot that gets on my nerves to be honest. As I have said before I love football and rugby and it was a weekend for both this weekend. And as a result a couple of my pet peeves came to the fore.
                           Like for example on Saturday evening when my favourite rugby club Leinster were playing. I decided to go to the pub for the second half. Now I generally don't go the pub to watch either football or rugby. I prefer to stay at home and shout at the tv, but I was invited out and sure it would have been rude not to. Why does everyone turn into an expert? Leinster have been doing very well this season, and suddenly everyone is wearing Leinster jerseys. Those that wore Munster tops last season seem to have morphed into those that wear Leinster tops this season. The game wasn't the best for a number of reasons, the Heineken Cup Final next week being one of them. When fair weather fans sit there and take the mick out of a team for playing badly one minute, and then cheering them on the next because they've pulled ahead makes me crack up. "Ah now, they've messed it up. They're off the boil tut tut"  Really? cause you've been supporting them for all of 5 minutes so you'd know, right? True fans support through the good and the bad. Not just "singing when you're winning"
                         Also this weekend in football Man City won the English Premier League. Again, fair play to them, but OMG! Suddenly everyone is a City fan! Now I know there have always been ABU's around but seriously? People in Liverpool shirts going around saying "We won"? Eh, don't think so....maybe you should check the table again? I was happy enough.....My team came third : Champions League football guaranteed for the 15th year in a row. Not too shabby. I couldn't have cared less who won in the EPL in the end. But when fans go around talking about how they're "steeped in history" I'm like eh what? Don't think so!
                But the thing, the biggest thing, the thing that really grinds my gears is when people go to  a football or rugby match for their country and they wear their club jerseys. Like what possesses someone to think "Oh, I'm going to watch Ireland play football. I'll wear my Man U/Celtic/whatever top cause that will look good. Or in the advertisement on Irish TV for Euro 2012 and your man has an IRFU scarf on. GRRRRR....shut up! Seriously you look like knobs! "Oh, I'm going to the Aviva to see Ireland play, Think I'll wear my Liverpool top" NO! "I'm going to watch Ireland play rugby, I'll wear my Munster top" NOOOOOO! JUST STOP! You make me want to slap you! Seriously, if you don't have the correct jersey, forget it. Wear something else. Or I won't be responsible for my actions!

SharonAnn x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assumptions

Hide In The Toilet!

One Day at A Time