The Journey

“We shall not cease from exploration.  And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” T.S. Elliot

This is one of my favourite quotes. A while ago I read “The Alchemist” by Paolo Cohelo. To cut a long story short, it’s about a man who is in search of a particular place and the journey he takes to get there. It really made a lot of sense to me.
                                                       Lots of people say “Life is a journey” and how many times do we nod and raise our eyes and think “Yeah, yeah” But you know what? Life is a journey, a journey on a bumpy road with lots of turns and choices to be made but a journey none the less.  Ultimately some of the path will be alone, and the burdens will be ours to carry. We shouldn’t be afraid to ask our friends for help with these choices and burdens.  It is often said a trouble shared is a trouble halved.     
                                                           Whenever I ask people what they want out of life, more often than not they say they just want to be happy. As if happiness has to be sought out, searched for and grabbed with both hands for fear of losing it! Sounds too much like hard work for me.  Over the past few years I have had lots of challenges. From being seriously ill twice, to losing my mother when I needed her most while struggling to keep a business going in recessionary times. I have learned many lessons. One of the most important being that happiness can be found everywhere and in everything. It just needs to be allowed to happen. It doesn’t need to be sought out, because it’s always there. No-one can be happy all the time: sad things happen. That’s life! But if we look for more positives in everyday life we may just start allowing the happiness to creep in.
                                         Getting back to my quotation and “The Alchemist”, they both have a similar vein running through them, which leads me on to the second part of my belief.  It’s quite a paradox really. So, life is the journey but it is also the destination. Have you ever spent ages looking for something, only to discover that it was under your nose all along? I mean, everyone has their own views on what happens when life ends, mine is that a new journey begins. Let’s all live in the NOW! I accept that we all have responsibilities but just stop, breathe and allow a tiny bit of that positive thinking to take over!

Sharonann

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assumptions

Hide In The Toilet!

One Day at A Time