The First Wealth is Health

So I thought I would write a follow up to my previous blog. An update on how things are with me now. Funny thing is, everything is still more or less the same. I finished one lot of antibiotics and started on a different one. People are surprised to learn that I will be on these for 3 to 6 months at least. It's kind of dawning on some people, perhaps even me, how sick I actually was. The bacterial infection had gone right through my body, and I was at a dangerous point. Luckily I had sense to get medical help when I did. Or I may not have been here to blog at all.

The new antibiotics are having an effect on my tummy. I'm off my food, and I'm tired all the time. I'm trying to keep my spirits up and remain positive, but it's difficult. Sleep deprivation doesn't help. I feel really tired and worn out yet when I close my eyes I can't switch off. I'm worried. About the possible long term effects, about my breast, and about every single little thing that you can think of. I haven't been out of bed for two weeks, except to go see Spider-Man 2. That wore me out more than you can imagine. 

I'm worried about going back to work. The past two weeks have been Easter break, so I'm due back to work on Monday. Although it's my own business, it's a very physical job. Plus if one of the kids hurts themselves the compulsion to lift them up and hug them is strong. I can't do that arm the pain is too much. So Monday should be fun.

Anyway, the love and support I've had from my family and loved ones has been amazing. My friends on twitter keep me going when I want to give up. I'll keep on plugging away and doing what I'm told and hopefully I'll get better eventually. If I can just say one thing.....if you find lumps or bumps or ooze where it shouldn't be, or where it hasn't been before, get it checked out. The earlier you get it looked at the better chance you have to ease your worries and get better. I still don't know if my breast is ok or not, I have to wait and see. Either way, I'm getting treatment which is the main thing. My two previous encounters with cancer have taught me that no matter how embarrassing or awkward it is, early intervention is best. Some people say I've been very unlucky. I disagree. I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm still here. Many that didn't have the courage to get checked out are not. Including aunts and cousins of mine. Life is precious. 

SharonAnn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assumptions

Hide In The Toilet!

One Day at A Time