Manic times



"Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts."





Hi all. Been a manic few weeks so I've not had time to blog. I've got people staying with me and my wee house is jammers. My son came back home from Spain, just about in one piece. Though I can't say the same for his luggage. His bag was stolen off the bus he boarded to the air port in Salamanca. It contained all of his favourite clothes, sentimental items etc. Not pleasant. He has, as I predicted, changed a lot. He has grown up, learnt some life lessons and knows how to appreciate the small comforts in life.

As the house is so busy, and there's extra stuff to do the days are just melting into one. I never know what day it is. I have always been someone who enjoys their space. I really don't take kindly to clingy people. Don't get me wrong, I love company, and hugs etc but just not people who hang out of me all the time. So I'm struggling a bit with the situation. I like to think of my room as a sanctuary where I can do what I like and watch what I like. With four of us sharing the one room, it's a bit difficult. The only real privacy is to be got in the bathroom. As we only have one bathroom, you can guess how often that happens! Everyone is doing that what they call in grand prix circles a 'splash and dash'!

It has taught me how precious my alone time is to me though. My father always says ' If you're on your own, you're in good company Sharon'. This makes me laugh. All I know is that I need some time alone to settle my head and turn down the noisy thoughts. As I'm writing this My head is hurting there's that much crap going around it. From Dr Who trailers or lack thereof, Arsenal transfers or lack thereof, to signing new contracts for work stuff for September, to silly information that is stored up there for future reference. I always think it would be better if my head came with an off button. I can't sleep at all at night and it's driving me insane. Neighbours parties, fights, bin trucks, and last but by no means least the heat are all doing their best to prevent sleep.

Well you know it's not all bad. I'm managing a few minutes here and there, and I have amazing family and friends. I know it's not easy for the others in the house, so we just have to get through it. We're helping and supporting each other, finding humour and laughs in it all. It's not going to last forever either. 

So many positive and potentially life changing opportunities are presenting themselves to me at the moment too. Big decisions will be made in the near future. Exciting times are ahead. For now though, I'm going to keep looking for that off switch, and make the best of now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assumptions

Hide In The Toilet!

One Day at A Time